Visit our sewage treatment plants or education centre for a fun, interactive journey through the water cycle.
Western Treatment Plant
There are three ways you can learn about this world-class facility:
- Our new virtual tour, with stunning 360-degree views you can access anytime, anywhere.
- Bus tours, for community groups and schools: grade 3 to tertiary students
- Open days, for the general public. We're in planning mode for our next open day, so express your interest now.
Eastern Treatment Plant
For industry and community groups, Year 7 to tertiary students
On guided walking tours, follow the sewage treatment process, production of renewable energy and recycled water, and the site's role within Melbourne’s sewerage system.
Edithvale-Seaford Wetland Education Centre
For community groups, prep to tertiary students
On guided group visits, see the site's importance to the environment, with tailored activities on birds and animals, life cycles, wetlands and natural waterways, and food chains.
Public opening times
The centre is open to the public every Sunday from 1pm to 5pm except for the months of July, August and December (during these months the centre will open on the second and fourth Sundays of the month). Please note, the centre is closed for the month of June and on public holidays.
Winneke Water Treatment Plant
EcoAdventure Tours run school and community group tours of Winneke Water Treatment Plant, which supplies about a quarter of our drinking water. Contact them directly to book a tour (links to booking site, page opens in new window).
Find out how:
- how water from the Yarra River becomes drinkable
- water treatment processes
- a nature trail area
- how reservoir parks help biodiversity and sustainability.