Waterway diversions

You can 'divert', or take, water from the Yarra River, Lower Maribyrnong River and Western tributary areas for commercial and irrigation uses. Find out how we monitor and supply water diversion licences, and provide information about restrictions and bans to protect the environment when river levels are low.  

Last updated:
7 December 2022