River Detectives is a free, fun and flexible statewide citizen science program designed for schools, which supports teachers to explore their local rivers and creeks with students.
Applications for 2024 are now open
Head to the River Detectives website for further information. To submit your application use the 'apply now' button on the home page.
About the River Detectives program
This program is designed to help teachers get outdoors with their students and learn more about their local waterway. It inspires schools to understand, appreciate and care for their local waterways, through a variety of engaging, practical, multi-age and cross-curricular activities.
Schools that register for River Detectives will have access to:
- an interactive website
- ‘how to’ guides
- resources and activities linked to the Victorian Curriculum, including:
Participating catchment management authorities include:
- Corangamite Catchment Management Authority
- North Central Catchment Management Authority
- North East Catchment Management Authority
- Wimmera Catchment Management Authority
Can’t find what you need on the River Detectives website?
For further enquiries or future program notifications, email us at [email protected].