Stormwater connection guidelines

We must approve any new or modified stormwater connection into our drains, waterways or open drainage channels. Connections must meet our technical requirements, differ depending on whether you are building a stormwater outlet or inlet.

Stormwater outlet - open waterway or drain

These are connections from a development to one of our open waterways or drains.

Outlet connections must be designed and constructed to our specifications. Our requirements are indicated in our creek enhancement work guidelines, though these may vary by site.

We will provide further details about the connection method once we have assessed your application.

Contractors needing to carry out work on underground drains must have a Permit to Work. To get a permit, they will need to complete a permit recipient training course. 

Permit to work (standard condition 3.11)

Stormwater inlet - underground drains

These are connections from a development to one of our underground drains.

Find technical specifications for inlet connections in these guidelines:

Junction pits:

Connections/works to our assets shall be carried out by our preferred contractors. Preferred contractors are required to be in receipt of a Permit to work. 

Apply online

Apply to connect to the stormwater system.

Your feedback

Contact us with any comment or queries:

Contact us

If you need any help to complete this application, contact us on 131 722 or email [email protected]


Last updated:
14 November 2019