Conditions and policies
Developments with drainage or water quality works must follow our standard conditions, which are guided by our land development policies.
Standard conditions for provision of drainage works by agreement
These standard conditions are part of an Offer of Conditions of Agreement for the Provision of Drainage Facilities.
They must be read and formally accepted by the owner of the land that is proposed to be subdivided or developed as part of the offer. Once accepted, an agreement between us and the owner is formed under the Water Act 1989.
- Responsibilities 3.2
- Agreement process conditions 3.3
- Financial conditions 3.4
- Provision of easements and reserves 3.5
- Design of works 3.6
- Tendering of works 3.7
- Construction of works 3.8
- Provision of notice 3.9
- Working on live assets 3.10
- Holder Permits 3.11
- Indemnity and insurance conditions 3.12
- Works affecting other property and assets 3.13
- Certification at end of construction 3.14
- Certificate of completion 3.15
- Vesting of works 3.16
- Maintenance agreements 3.17
Land development policies
Our policies ensure there is a safe, effective system for dealing with run-off, and that Melbourne’s existing and growth areas have appropriate flood protection and drainage.