Who to contact

Need help getting the right approvals for a building or development permit?

We’re here to help. Contact our Customer Service Centre and we’ll put you in touch with the right people.

We may ask you a few questions to work out who you need to talk to, so make sure you have all your planning details on-hand before you call.

Ready to apply build or develop?

Find information and online application forms for building and development works that need our approval or advice.

Frequently asked questions

The answer you’re looking for may already be in the ‘building and work approvals’ section in our frequently asked questions.


For help with building over or near our assets, contact:

[email protected]

For help with permits, developing or subdividing, contact:

[email protected]

Phone and fax

Our Customer Service Centre operates Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm AEST.

Channel Phone number
Within Australia 131 722
Overseas +61 3 9679 7100
Translation service 131 450
Speak and listen 1300 555 727
Fax (03) 9600 1192
Hearing or speech impairment services National Relay Service

Postal address

Melbourne Water
PO Box 4342
Melbourne VIC 3001

Last updated: