Please note: Melbourne Water is performing scheduled systems maintenance on Saturday 22 June 2019 from 6am until 9am.

During this time our application services including the ability to submit new applications or check an existing application status will not be available. 

If you need urgent assistance please contact us on 131 722.

If you are buying, selling, or planning to develop or renovate a property it is important that you understand if it is subject to flooding.

Developing or renovating a property

Potential flooding can affect your development plans. If you’re developing or renovating a property, we can provide you with flood level information. We can also review your development plans and advise of any amendments you may need to make if you're in a flood-prone area. This will save you time and effort if you need to apply to council for a planning or building permit.

It is important to note that a flood level certificate does not provide our consent to develop your property.

Purchasing or selling property

If you are seeking flood level information for a property that you are buying or selling, you can request a flood level certificate or a property information statement.

Property information statements are more detailed than flood certificates. They may be included in a vendor statement or Section 32 certificate for any property for sale.

Application process

You can get a flood level certificate from:

The LANDATA and SAI Global services cost approximately $50 and can take 10 days.

Property information statements are available from:

The LANDATA service costs approximately $50 and can take 10 days. Costs and times vary for each water retailer.


The process takes 14 days for us to process and email you a written response.


There is a $40.29 charge for this service.

Guidelines and standards

For more information read our:

Contact us

If you need any help to complete this application, contact us on 131 722.

Last updated:
2 July 2018