If you need a solution to an issue in your home concerning water supply and quality, contact your local water retailer. This is the company who sends your water bill.
To contact your local water retailer, visit their website below. If you're not sure who they are, browse this list from VicWater.
Your local council is responsible for most residential stormwater drains.
Metropolitan water retailers
Regional water retailers
Central Highlands Water
East Gippsland Water
Goulburn Valley Water
Grampians Wimmera Mallee Water
Lower Murray Water
North East Water
South Gippsland Water
Southern Rural Water
How we can help you
We look after greater Melbourne’s water supply catchments, sewage treatment and rivers, creeks and major drainage systems.
- let you know what works and projects are going on in your area
- assist you with fault or maintenance issues not related to water supply and quality
- talk to you about split fencing costs on land bordering with ours
- cut grass and maintain land around our assets
- help you with applications and guidelines for residential building on or near our water assets.
Our frequently asked questions contain information about what to do regarding any other concerns you have about water in your neighbourhood.
How to get involved
In addition to reporting any issues in your neighbourhood, there are a number of ways you can help protect our water assets:
- choose to use water wisely with water saving tips
- learn about our water and understand what goes into protecting our important water assets
- visit a water or sewerage plant or see what happens to our waste, if you're with a school, industry or community group
- find out how you can use our land for community projects, filming or photography
- consider applying for funding for a water project in your neighbourhood
- help shape projects and strategies that are open for engagement by visiting our engagement platform, YourSay.
Get to know us
Find out more about Melbourne Water: who we are and the work we're doing: