If you are buying, selling, or planning to develop or renovate a property it is important that you understand if it is subject to flooding.

Developing or renovating a property

Potential flooding can affect your development plans. If you’re developing or renovating a property, we can provide you with flood level information. We can also review your development plans and advise of any amendments you may need to make if you're in a flood-prone area. This will save you time and effort if you need to apply to council for a planning or building permit.

It is important to note that a flood level certificate does not provide our consent to develop your property.

Purchasing or selling property

If you are seeking flood level information for a property that you are buying or selling, you can request a flood level certificate or a property information statement.

Property information statements are more detailed than flood certificates. They may be included in a vendor statement or Section 32 certificate for any property for sale.

Application process

You can get a flood level certificate from:

The LANDATA and Dye & Durham services cost approximately $50 and can take 10 business days.

Property information statements are available from:

The LANDATA service costs approximately $50 and can take 10 business days. Costs and times vary for each water retailer.


The process takes 14 days for us to process and email you a written response.

Incomplete applications may be delayed or returned requesting additional information.


There is a $52.04 charge for this service.

Guidelines and standards

For more information read our:

Contact us

If you need any help to complete this application, contact us on 131 722.

Last updated: