How we can help
Our advice includes:
- providing flood information about your property
- locating Melbourne Water assets, waterways and easements that may impact your development proposal
- outlining design requirements
- reviewing your plans
- advising on costs
- helping with your council planning or building permit.
For information on our development requirements, read our guidelines:
What you’ll need
To help us provide relevant advice, you’ll need to supply the following information about your proposed development:
- detailed development plans, including floor plan and elevations (for VicSmart and infill developments, otherwise optional)
- current title plan
- plan of subdivision
- survey information
- site plans
- previous letters or correspondence from us (optional)
- any supporting reports (optional)
We are currently receiving a high volume of applications due to growth in demand for our services, which has unfortunately created significant delays. We acknowledge your patience and will make every effort to process your applications as soon as we can. View our current processing times.
There are no fees for this service.
What happens next
We’ll then provide advice based on a number of factors, according to whether your proposed development is within or outside of a Melbourne Water drainage scheme.
Outside drainage schemes
We’ll provide information based on:
- relevant flood level information
- development requirements to protect your proposed development from flooding
- Melbourne Water asset protection requirements
- stormwater quality requirements
- environmental and waterway protection requirements, including waterway amenity
Within drainage schemes
We’ll provide you with design criteria based on:
- design intent for scheme assets
- indicative location of required scheme assets
- indicative land take for major assets
- performance criteria for water quality treatment
Once you’ve read and understood the information on this page, you’re ready to start your application. If you have any questions or need help, contact us on 131 722.