'Delivering on the Sustainable Development Goals' is a report that outlines Melbourne Water's unwavering commitment to advancing sustainability through the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Know the background
In 2016, Melbourne Water became a signatory to the United Nations Global Compact, a voluntary initiative based on CEO commitments to implement universal sustainability principles and to take steps to support UN goals.
Determining the focus areas
Three broad areas of focus were determined to align our strategy, culture and day-to-day operations to the SDGs:
- Melbourne Water aims to increase its contribution across all the goals
- Melbourne Water will be leaders for SDGs 6, 11, 13 and 15
- Melbourne Water will advance the goals through strong partnerships.
Read our response
In 2019 we released a report, “Delivering on the Sustainable Development Goals” outlining MW’s response to advancing the targets for the 17 goals.
Here, you can read our response to advancing the targets for the 17 goals, including:
- Clean water and sanitation
- Industry, innovation and infrastructure
- Sustainable cities and communities
- Climate action
- Life on land.