If you’ll be working on a Melbourne Water site, you must complete safety training and get approval to access the site before you visit. Apply online to arrange training or approvals.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) update:
Like many other businesses, we are doing our part to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and keep our essential sites safe. Upon entering our sites, you must adhere to our COVIDSafe Principles (PDF, 128.39KB).
Apply for training
Some training is completed online, while more extensive training must be completed in-person.
Worked with Melbourne Water before?
Training is recorded against individuals, not companies, so you don’t need to reapply. If you’ve changed companies and want to keep you training history – or need additional training – email [email protected] with:
- your name, email and phone number
- details of your current and previous organisations.
Before you apply
Make sure you have the following information on hand:
- training needed for your type of work – if you’re not sure, talk to your Melbourne Water contact. (By default, most people will only need to complete a site orientation and ‘Working Well at Melbourne Water’.)
- name of your Melbourne Water contact. This is the Melbourne Water person who has initiated the works you are to deliver, your Project Manager, or the person who has approved the works on waterways through a response letter.
- your organisation’s details, including business and mailing addresses
- details of all contractors, including:
- name, email and phone number
- start and end dates
- whether they have previously worked at Melbourne Water.
What happens next
You’ll receive a confirmation email once you’ve submitted your application. If successful, the selected training will be assigned to you within five business days.
Apply for access approval
If you need access to any of our treatment plants to complete your work, apply for approval via the links below:
If you need assistance, please contact your Melbourne Water representative.