Melbourne Water’s service offering is constantly evolving to meet the challenges related to population growth, empowered customer expectations, increased cost of living, urbanisation and impacts of climate change. At the same time, the emergence of artificial intelligence, new technologies and access to high volumes of data is driving significant changes to how we work. We support our people to thrive in this changing climate through coaching and development, digital and systems agility, innovation and sustainable business acumen.
Adapt, learn and grow
We aim to empower all employees to adapt, learn and grow with the business through strong change management and career development opportunities, while providing an exceptional work experience.
There are various opportunities for development across all levels including:
- Leadership programs for both operational and strategic leaders, enabling qualifications
- Personal coaching support for new people leaders
- Discipline-specific professional development such as the Engineering Capability Forum
- Vocational Education and Training (accredited training, apprenticeships and traineeships)
- Learning Pathways for the development of skills and knowledge
How to join the Melbourne Water team
You’ve looked through our job vacancies and have applied for a job that sounds right for you.
So what happens next?
- selection criteria – we’ll contact you if your application meets the role’s selection criteria
- job interview – the job interview will follow the STAR (situation, task, action, result) format
- psychometric assessment - you’ll be asked to complete a psychometric assessment. We use Hogan Assessments.
- reference checks – we’ll conduct reference checks with your two referees
- additional checks – you may be asked to complete a medical assessment, a national police record check, fitness test (firefighter program), provide identification documents and evidence of eligibility to work in Australia
- your offer – we’ll call and send you an employment agreement if your application has been successful
- commencement paperwork – complete the online form and you’re ready to start work with us
Consider our career programs
Other ways you can be a part of Melbourne Water:
- apply for our two-year engineering graduate program (create a job alert to be notified) – the next program is in 2019 - we are currently advertising
- find out about industry-based learning placements (ask your university’s career advisor)
- be a seasonal Melbourne Water firefighter (create a job alert to be notified)
Note: we currently do not offer vacation or internship programs.