Take the Drip Trip beneath Melbourne and discover what keeps your water flowing – from rivers to reservoirs, sewers and stormwater drains.
A water infrastructure adventure
Join Drippy the raindrop on a journey across the urban water cycle, through your neighbourhood’s water pipes, sewers, drains and waterways as you head towards the bay.
Steer around obstacles and collect bubbles to reveal facts unique to your postcode. You can even build a bike trail or bust a fatberg by activating special effects that improve services to your area!
Suitable for ages 12 and above.
Drip Trip can be played on smartphones, tablets and computers. It works best on newer operating systems and browsers like the latest versions of Chrome, Safari and Firefox. You don't need to download the game to play, but we do recommend a stable internet connection.
The game is a great introduction to the importance of water and how it is managed to create liveable places. Topics covered include:
- Water’s journey from catchments through reservoirs and treatment to your tap
- Desalination’s role in supplementing drinking water supplies in a changing climate
- Sewage treatment process – primary, secondary and tertiary
- Resources made from sewage, including recycled water and biogas energy
- Links between urbanisation, flooding and stormwater runoff and pollution
- Waterways’ role in supporting people, the environment and the economy.