If you plan on working for Melbourne Water, or on one of our sites, you’ll need to complete specific inductions or training to ensure your safety while working with us.
Some training is completed online, while more extensive training must be completed in-person. To access or arrange training you’ll need to apply online.
- Like many other businesses, we are doing our part to help stop the spread of COVID-19. This means changing how we deliver training as well as limiting our visitors to site, and we thank you for your patience during this time.
- As a temporary measure all training requests will be reviewed by our Safety Group to ensure the work is necessary to the operation of our business.
- If you’re accessing a Melbourne Water site you’ll need to make sure you adhere to our COVIDSafe Principles (PDF, 128.33KB) to help keep our essential sites safe.
Already completed training?
Refresher courses are automatically assigned, but if you think you’re overdue for training, complete the online form and we’ll reassign the correct training to you. If you’ve changed companies but will still be working on Melbourne Water assets, we can update your records – training is recorded against individuals, not companies. To do this, email [email protected] with your name, email, phone number, and details of your previous and current organisation.
How to apply
Select the training you need for your type of work. If you’re not sure, please talk to your Melbourne Water contact. (By default, most people will only need to complete a site orientation and ‘Working Well at Melbourne Water’.)
You’ll also need to:
- Justify the need for your training, by providing a short description of the work you will be undertaking. Applications without a justification may be rejected.
- Select the primary site you will be working from. You can select multiple sites if you need more than one induction.
- Provide the name of your Melbourne Water contact. This is the Melbourne Water person who has initiated the works you are to deliver, your Project Manager, or the person who has approved the works on waterways through a response letter.
Enter your organisation’s details, including:
- organisation name
- business and mailing address
- details of all contractors – including name, email and phone number, start and end dates, and whether they have previously worked at Melbourne Water
Review and submit your application.
What happens next
You’ll receive a confirmation email and the selected training will be assigned to you within five business days.
If you're ready to apply, go to our online form: