Working on behalf of the community, we manage and protect Melbourne’s major water resources.
We supply affordable, high-quality water, reliable sewerage, healthy waterways, integrated drainage and flood management services and outstanding natural community spaces that help make Melbourne a fantastic place to live.
Day to day we:
- manage water supply catchments
- treat and supply drinking and recycled water
- remove and treat most of Melbourne’s sewage
- manage waterways and major drainage systems in the Port Phillip and Westernport region
Audio described version
Along with our diverse and talented team of staff, we’ve worked closely with our customers, stakeholders and the community to deliver some real milestones in 2016-17.
Behind the scenes at Melbourne water
We’re a statutory authority owned by the Victorian Government.
The Minister for Water, in consultation with the Treasurer, appoints our Board of Directors.
The Essential Services Commission reviews and determines our prices through a pricing submission every five years.
The way we deliver our projects and services is guided by our vision and values.
We are committed to ‘enhancing life and liveability’ for the greater Melbourne region. Our Strategic Direction outlines this vision in three areas.
- healthy people – strengthening the wellbeing of the community
- healthy places – co-creating the world’s most desirable places to live
- healthy environment – enhancing the natural environment
Our three core values guide what we do and how we treat each other, and are integral to the way we do business.
We believe in care, integrity and courage:
- care - we put safety and wellbeing first at all times
- integrity - we are open and transparent in everything we do
- courage - we encourage each other to be confident and innovative