Thompsons Road retarding basin has been upgraded to ensure it continues to reduce flood risk for the community.
What happened and when
The Thompsons Road retarding basin is located at Lawson Poole Reserve in Cranbourne. The works were conducted mainly on the retarding basin embankment which runs along Thompsons Road and the South Gippsland Highway.
- removal of trees and vegetation from the embankment
- construction of a filter trench inside the embankment wall
- localised embankment raising and hardening
- works on the inlet and outlet pipes to reduce erosion and blockages
- replacement of the path on the embankment crest