We have upgraded the Narre Warren Township retarding basin to ensure it continues to reduce flood risk for the community.
The Narre Warren Township retarding basin plays a crucial role in managing stormwater. When heavy rain occurs, the retarding basin embankment holds back stormwater and slowly releases it downstream, reducing flood risk to residents and businesses.
- construction of a filter trench inside the embankment wall
- localised raising of the embankment height to increase capacity
- erosion protection works around the outlet pipe
- removal of trees and shrubs from embankment
- crest capping along embankment in preparation for a concrete path