We have upgraded the Narre Warren North retarding basin to ensure it continues to reduce flood risk for the community.
The Narre Warren North retarding basin plays a crucial role in managing storm water. When heavy rain occurs, the retarding basin embankment holds back storm water and slowly releases it downstream, reducing flood risk to residents and businesses.
- preparing the access road from Memorial Drive into the retarding basin
- excavating a number of test pits to visually inspect the material below the surface
- minor localised embankment raising by compacting additional earth fill on top of the crest
- constructing a sand-filled filter trench along the length of the embankment crest
- installing a concrete cut-off trench at the spillway
- completing rock works along the downstream in the vicinity of the outlet