Keep an eye out for specially-produced outdoor stickers along the Diamond Creek Trail, and learn all about platypuses!
Spread over a round trip of approximately 5 kilometres, the decals (stickers) have been produced as part of the Celebrating the Platypus in Diamond Creek event. They include:
- fun facts about the platypus lifecycle
- unique and quirky features of the platypus
- tips on what we can all do to preserve platypus habitat.
Start at the Edendale Community Environment Farm in Eltham, and work your way up to Allendale Road to see if you can spot all ten!
This event is part of Celebrating our Platypus in the Diamond Creek: a series of events across two weekends from 22 to 30 May, hosted by Nillumbik Shire Council and Melbourne Water.
Other events in this series include:
- Platypus in Diamond Creek (webinar) – Thursday 20 May
- Waterbug discovery workshop – Saturday 22 May
- Diamond Creek self-guided bike tour – Saturday 22 to Sunday 23 May
- Diamond Creek clean-up day – Sunday 23 May
Victorian native fish species (webinar) – Tuesday 25 May
Waterbugs: highly nutritious but interesting in their own right (webinar) – Wednesday 26 May
Celebrating the platypus in the Diamond Creek – Sunday 30 May