Team up with Libby’s Koala and Wildlife Crusade to help tackle one of platypus’s biggest threats: waterway pollution.
All are welcome to pitch in with the clean-up efforts at the chosen spot, behind the Diamond Creek Outdoor Pool.
- Please wear closed-toed shoes, pants and a hat.
- Gloves, handwash and bags will be available.
- Participants are welcome to bring their own tongs and gloves.
Registration is from 9am, but you can RSVP online:
This event is part of Celebrating our Platypus in the Diamond Creek: a series of events across two weekends from 22 to 30 May, hosted by Nillumbik Shire Council and Melbourne Water.
Other events in this series include:
- Platypus in Diamond Creek (webinar) – Thursday 20 May
- Waterbug discovery workshop – Saturday 22 May
- Diamond Creek self-guided bike tour – Saturday 22 to Sunday 23 May
- Diamond Creek clean-up day – Sunday 23 May
Victorian native fish species (webinar) – Tuesday 25 May
Waterbugs: highly nutritious but interesting in their own right (webinar) – Wednesday 26 May
Celebrating the platypus in the Diamond Creek – Sunday 30 May