Please note this event will now be held on Saturday 4 September, 2021.
All are welcome for a jam-packed day of family fun, marking the end of two weekends of activities celebrating the platypus.
Look forward to:
- a guest speaker
- craft activities
- decal and stencil workshops
- farm tours
- platypus jenga
- The Connies tram conductors
- face painting
- water bug workshops
- environmental stalls
- Djirri Djirri dancers
- music performed on the Freeza stage
- a barbecue run by the Eltham Lions Club.
There will also be two planting sessions along the Diamond Creek to help rebuild habitat for native fauna: one beginning at 11am, and the second at 1pm.
Please register your attendance via the Facebook event page:
This event was originally scheduled for 30 May to mark the end of Celebrating our Platypus in the Diamond Creek: a series of events hosted by Nillumbik Shire Council and Melbourne Water.
Other events in this series included:
- Platypus in Diamond Creek (webinar) – Thursday 20 May
- Waterbug discovery workshop – Saturday 22 May
- Diamond Creek self-guided bike tour – Saturday 22 to Sunday 23 May
- Diamond Creek clean-up day – Sunday 23 May
Victorian native fish species (webinar) – Tuesday 25 May
Waterbugs: highly nutritious but interesting in their own right (webinar) – Wednesday 26 May