Melbourne Water has truly valued the partnerships formed through our previous grants programs, but we have identified opportunities to deliver a broader, more flexible program.
This is why we are creating the new program – Liveable Communities, Liveable Waterways.
The Living Rivers, Corridors of Green, Community Grants Programs transitioned to Liveable Communities, Liveable Waterways in 2020. Our Stream Frontage Management Program and Rural Land Program customers are also currently transitioning to the new program. All customers can apply for an incentive at any time during the year through the new program.
Will Melbourne Water still fund the same activities?
Yes, all activities that were eligible under our previous grants programs are still eligible under Liveable Communities, Liveable Waterways.
What happens to your existing grant projects?
There are no changes required to any existing projects. We will continue to support you in the delivery of existing projects funded through the Living Rivers, Corridors of Green, Community Grant, Stream Frontage Management and Rural Land Programs.
Why is Melbourne Water introducing a new program?
We are evolving for three main reasons:
- The industry and our customers have recognised emerging issues that can be effectively addressed through incentivised programs and collaboration.
- The interest in funding has increased, but our existing programs aren’t always the best fit. Our new Incentives Program is flexible with the capability to factor in the changing environment, innovation, research, liveability and opportunities to collaborate and build stronger ongoing partnerships.
- The feedback from existing customers has expressed that we could improve the process. Based on your feedback, we are keeping what works well, have reviewed what we can do better and have identified ways to:
- offer you more opportunities
- maximise value
- focus on Melbourne Water’s range of services
- increase the benefits to the environment and the community that we can deliver together.
What’s different about Liveable Communities, Liveable Waterways?
Unlike some of the previous programs, you can apply at any time that suits you. There are no funding rounds and application due dates.
You can apply to undertake a broader range of activities through a single program. Previously, some applicants had to make multiple applications through different programs.
The focus of the program has expanded to incorporate the broad range of services we deliver and the strategies that drive those services into the future. Through better alignment, we will continue to provide funding and support to those that help us to improve waterway health and better support the range of activities and initiatives that contribute to our vision to enhance life and liveability by helping to create and sustainably support healthy people, healthy places and a healthy environment.