The River Detectives sustainability program supports educators to explore their local rivers and creeks with students.
The program inspires schools and youth groups to understand, appreciate and care for their local waterways, through a variety of engaging, practical, multi-age and cross-curricular activities.
Applications are now open for the 2019 River Detectives Program! Apply now via the River Detectives website. Please note, there are a limited number of places available, applications will close on 21 December 2018.
Schools that register for the River Detectives program will have access to:
- an interactive website
- updated data for exploration
- ‘how to’ guides
- resources and activities linked to the Victorian Curriculum, including geography, mathematics, science and sustainability
For further enquiries please contact our education team: email [email protected].
2018 River Detectives program
The schools and education groups selected for the 2018 program, supported by Melbourne Water, are:
- Australian International Academy
- Carranballac College
- Collingwood College
- Environmental Education For Kids
- Footscray City College
- Harkaway Primary School
- Heathmont College
- Heritage College
- Hume City Council
- Lyndale Green Primary
- Mordialloc College
- Mount Lilydale Mercy College
- Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception
- Overnewton Anglican Community College
- St Bernard's College
- St Louis Aspendale
- St Peter Chanel Primary School
- St Theresa's Primary School
- Wooranna Park Primary School
- Wyndham Central College
- Yarraman Oaks Primary School
The River Detectives Program is an initiative funded by the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning. Participating catchment management authorities include: