As a resident, it can be tricky to know what to do regarding water issues in your neighbourhood.
For water supply and quality concerns you need to contact your water retailer.
We look after greater Melbourne’s water supply catchments, sewage treatment and rivers, creeks and major drainage systems. Your local council is responsible for most residential stormwater drains.
How we can help you
- let you know what works and projects are going on in your area
- assist you with fault or maintenance issues not related to water supply and quality
- split fencing costs on land bordering with ours
- we cut grass and maintain land around our assets
- applications and guidelines for residential building on or near our water assets
Our frequently asked questions contain information about what to do regarding any other concerns you have about water in your neighbourhood.
How to get involved
In addition to reporting any issues in your neighbourhood, there are a number of ways you can help protect our water assets.
- choose to use water wisely with water saving tips
- learn about our water and understand what goes into protecting our important water assets
- visit a water or sewerage plant or – see what happens to our waste
- find out how you can use our land for community projects, filming or photography
- consider applying for funding for a water project in your neighbourhood