Melbourne Water offers funding and support to improve river health through the corridors of green program. Local councils and public land managers are eligible for this funding.
Who can apply
Local councils and managers of public land in the Port Phillip and Westernport region can apply to the corridors of green program. Public land includes parks, forests and other recreational reserves.
Funding use - what the grants are for
This funding covers projects that improve river health, such as:
fencing off rivers and creeks
revegetation (replanting) with indigenous plants
creating management plans
A maximum of $20,000 (excluding GST) is available.
How to apply
Please download and read these guidelines which are designed to help you with the Corridors of green process.
Important forms to download
Please download and fill out the following forms as applicable. These need to be filled out before undertakking the application process.
Corridors of Green grant applications can now be submitted online using Smartygrants.
Assessing your application
When assessing your application, we will give priority to projects that:
- have been discussed with a relevant river health officer – contact details are available on this page
- demonstrate a clear benefit to the public
- are strategic – for example they have long-term benefits and complement other works in the area
- are costed realistically and represent good value for money
Conditions you must meet
To qualify for a corridors of green grant, you must meet a number of terms and conditions, including:
- matched funding – your application must include at least an equal amount of monetary or in-kind contributions from you or your project partners
- reporting – you must submit a report about your project within 30 days of the end of your project (up to 18 months are allowed for a project to be completed and reported on)
A new incentives program is coming soon – we are broadening our existing incentives and grants offerings to better support our customers and the community by creating a new Incentives Program. This does not affect your existing grants at this stage and existing programs remain open for new applications. We will engage with you further once the new program is refined.
If there are any issues accessing the online form please contact us.