Need funding for your community-based liveability project? We’ve compiled a list of grants and funding sources to help get your project off the ground.
Melbourne Water’s Find Grants program assists individuals and communities to locate other grant providers to fund projects for a variety of purposes including recreation, active transport, urban greening, cultural heritage, public artwork and signage, community events and the environment.
The search tool allows applicants to find funding, across a wide range of providers, which is best suited to their project. Information and applications for these external grants must be dealt directly with the relevant organisation and not Melbourne Water.
Melbourne water also provides funding and support through several programs focused on environmental outcomes:
- Community grants — for volunteer groups and projects on public land that improve river health
- Corridors of Green — for projects that improve river health
- Living Rivers — for projects improving stormwater quality and quantity
- Rural Land — for rural landholders undertaking works to keep soil and nutrients out of waterways
- Stream Frontage Management — for projects that improve river health