Logos, filming, photography and land use

Using our logo, graphics or images in your communication materials, including websites. 

Fees and conditions

All your materials must be provided to our Corporate Communications advisor for final approval. We provide our images free of charge, but request credit in the form of an accompanying caption.

Please send your completed 'Logo and image request application form' to:

Filming, photography and short term land use

We welcome filming, photography and short term land use enquires, taking into account public safety, security and operational requirements.

Permits and fees

All filming, photography and short term land use activity requires a permit for use of our land.

Fees may apply for permits. A fee will be provided with your permit. The fee is set to only recover costs associated with your activity.

Applying for a permit

To apply for a permit, please complete the application form:

We will respond to your application within five business days

Note: The response time will be dependent on the complexity of the requirements.

Please send your application to: mwproperty@melbournewater.com.au.

Or mail to:

Property Leases and Licences
Melbourne Water
PO Box 4342
Melbourne VIC 3001


We may restrict access to areas for your safety and the safety of our staff. Examples of include:

  • confined spaces such as drains and manholes
  • areas of environmental and heritage significance
  • protected water catchments

Further information on restricted areas can be obtained by our Property Leases and Licences team.

Land lease and licence agreements

Commercial and non-commercial leasing or licensing of our operational sites and land are sought where longer term security of tenure is important. Long term land use activities can include grazing, access, recreational and community use.


Fees will apply to prepare and administer your agreement along with an annual rental. Commercial or complex agreements will be subject to valuation and legal costs.


Conditions contained within the lease or licence will align with the purpose to ensure government policy and statutory requirements and reflect an appropriate balance between the needs of the tenant and responsibility of the landlord as manager of the land.

All leases and licences will require the tenant to hold public liability insurance.


Contact the Property Leases and Licences team. They will help you with:

  • confirming if we own the land
  • confirming if the land is suitable for use
  • the process for entering into a lease or license agreement
  • completing you application

Once you are informed you should complete an application form:

Please send your application to: mwproperty@melbournewater.com.au

or mail to:

Property Leases and Licences
Melbourne Water
PO Box 4342
Melbourne VIC 3001 

Application timeframes will vary depending on the complexity of the request. Please allow up to four weeks.  

​Your feedback

Contact us with any comments or queries: 

Copyright Melbourne Water