Tours and birdwatching

​Birdwatching permits – how do I get one?

Permits are necessary to birdwatch at the Western Treatment, and you must register each visit.

Tour bookings – how do I book a tour of a sewage treatment plant, education centre or reservoir?

Schools and community groups can visit our sewage treatment plants and wetland education centre through our education program.

The general public can also tour the Western Treatment Plant during our annual Open Day.

Tours of our reservoirs are run by Eco-Adventure Tours – contact them directly to arrange a visit.

Copyright Melbourne Water