Melbourne Water is one of a number of organisations who use PageUp to manage its recruitment activity. We were made aware of the recent potential data breach involving the PageUp software system and are continuing to work with PageUp to understand the full extent of the data breach and its impact. Further information regarding the breach and what measures to take if you are concerned that your data has been accessed is available on our PageUp information page.
Working with Melbourne Water
Melboure Water provides an essential service. We directly contribute to the famous Melbourne lifestyle and community wellbeing with world-class water and sewerage services, healthy waterways, integrated drainage and flood management services and outstanding natural community spaces.
Find out more about:
Why work for us...
- we actively align our work with values of care, integrity and courage
- we foster innovative and sustainable work practices
- we offer a flexible, healthy and rewarding work environment
- we have a range of wellbeing programs, health and social activities and generous leave entitlements
- we support ongoing learning and career development
This strategy sets a clear direction for Melbourne Water, providing guidance, defining our purpose, and outlining key priorities and challenges,
How to join the Melbourne Water team
You’ve looked through our job vacancies and have applied for a job that sounds right for you.
So what happens next?
- selection criteria – we’ll contact you if your application meets the role’s selection criteria
- job interview – the job interview will follow the STAR (situation, task, action, result) format
- psychometric assessment - you’ll be asked to complete a psychometric assessment. We use Hogan Assessments.
- reference checks – we’ll conduct reference checks with your two referees
- additional checks – you may be asked to complete a medical assessment, a national police record check, fitness test (firefighter program), provide identification documents and evidence of eligibility to work in Australia
- your offer – we’ll call and send you an employment agreement if your application has been successful
- commencement paperwork – complete the online form and you’re ready to start work with us
Consider our career programs
Other ways you can be a part of Melbourne Water:
- apply for our two-year engineering graduate program (create a job alert to be notified) – the next program is in 2019 - we are currently advertising
- find out about industry-based learning placements (ask your university’s career advisor)
- be a seasonal Melbourne Water firefighter (create a job alert to be notified)
Note: we currently do not offer vacation or internship programs.
How to become a Melbourne Water firefighter
We advertise for seasonal firefighters from August to September. The fire season generally runs from November to April.
Find our more about becoming a Melbourne Water firefighter.