Before applying to your council for a planning or building permit, get our advice early and avoid unnecessary costs and delays.
We can help you get flood information, locate assets and easements, review and approve your plans, advise about any costs, and provide our consent to council – saving you time and effort in the long run.
How to apply
1. Download and complete the pre-development advice application form
2. Prepare the following information to submit with your form:
3. Submit your application to the Customer and Planning Services Team via:
4. We'll respond within 28 days with our advice. Providing accurate information on the development will usually result in a quicker response time. For more complex advice, we may recommend a meeting.
What we consider in our advice
We will review your proposal and produce design criteria that consider (where appropriate):
General design issues
- design intent statement for soft engineered assets
pipe and surface channel locations, sizes and flow details
the presence of environmental or cultural issues
Water quality issues
sizing criteria for any proposed wetlands
performance criteria for water quality treatment
where a wetland is proposed - % sediment area, marshes, deep/shallow ponds
edge treatment (if applicable)
advice on WSUD opportunities
Project management issues