Goals related to water
- Ensure stringent regulatory obligations are met
- Develop and implement efficient capital investment and operations programs
- Protect and conserve Melbourne’s existing water resources
- Protect our water supply catchments from bushfire
- Increase water resource efficiency
- Supply high quality and reliable drinking water.
- Maintaining high water quality despite low reservoir levels due to the drought
- Developing and implementing contingency actions with the Victorian Government and the retail water businesses to maintain Melbourne’s water supply during extreme drought conditions
- Working with Yarra Valley Water and City West Water to clean the Winneke-Preston water main without impacting on the supply of water to consumers
- Keeping bushfires out of our water catchments.
- Issuing a boil water notice to Yarra Valley townships due to a storm event in June creating the potential for the treatment process at the Upper Yarra catchment to be affected by turbidity.
- Continuing to manage the water supply system to ensure a reliable, high quality supply regardless of the impacts of below average rainfall and climate change
- Undertaking the detailed planning and delivery for the major augmentation projects announced by the Victorian Government in the next stage of its Our Water, Our Future Water Plan.