Our people, our workplace
Goals related to our people, our workplace
- Provide a safe and enjoyable work environment which brings out the best in people
- Attract and retain a diverse, motivated, skilled and experienced workforce
- Encourage our people to develop and share knowledge gained from each other and stakeholders
- Implement a framework that rewards employees performance against the delivery of our business objectives
- Foster a Melbourne Water culture that encourages sustainable behaviour
- Ensure that sustainability principles underpin our workplace policies and practices
- Encourage and recognise innovation and ideas for sustainability improvements
- Continued to retain and attract key people in an environment characterised by increased community expectations and skills shortage, including a significant increase in the number of young professionals applying for graduate roles
- Began significant development of a constructive workplace culture underpinned by a leadership development program with the Australian Graduate School of Management
- Exceeded our target for LivingSmart, with 89% of employees believing that their personal sustainability performance had improved through Melbourne Water’s education and influence.
- Did not achieve our goal of zero lost time injuries (LTIs) even though our lost time injury frequency rate decreased by 10% compared with the previous year.
- Continuing our focus on strengthening our ability to retain and attract employees by delivering a compelling employment experience for all of our people
- Continuing to work towards our preferred culture at a time of increased pressure on our people dealing with the challenges presented by the drought and climate change
- Building on the positive response of our people to the availability of health and wellbeing activities and the LivingSmart program.